Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 210508
The FB-14 MK2 is an impressive fixed filter bank, designed with high end coils.
It is a 14-band hi-end filterbank/equalizer with significantly extended control ranges. This allows not only sound corrections but extremely drastic interventions in the sound material, as the control range per frequency band is +/-20dB (!). Unusual and very useful is the arrangement of the filter frequencies over a distance of (approx.) fifth intervals.
The FB-14 is a speciality in terms of circuitry: It is classic Class-A circuitry with coils of highest precision manufactured by Mr. Niessen himself. Four transistors are in the signal path, two of them are selected germanium types with tube-like overdrive behavior.
The sonic qualities of the FB-14 are in no way inferior to the technical ones and deeply impressed in every respect: effects such as 'through-the-phone sounds' are trifles, static pad-sounds become vivid soundscapes, almost any kind of processed sound material radiates an 'expensive silkyness' and integrates nicely into any mix. Almost unbelievable is the use of frequency selective distortion with extreme adjustment possibilities. The impressive thing about it, besides the countless sound nuances, is that even the most brutally distorted drum loops are not 'squashed', but always sound accentuated and extremely direct.
- 14 bands with center frequencies at 35, 65, 105, 160, 240, 360, 540, 800, 1200, 1800, 2700, 4000, 7000 and 12000 Hz (roughly fifths intervals)
- per band a 2-pole filter with control range +/-20dB(!)
- Q factor about 0.7 at +/-10dB and 6 at +/-20dB
- signal-to-noise ratio 90dB
- level control in input and output Input gain adjustable between +/-20dB
- "Hardwire" bypass with gold contact relay.
Circuitry and components (and thus sound) are identical to the original version, the designation Mk2 refers only to minor external design changes.