Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 220591
After Later Audio Quarks is a reinterpretation of the Elements modal synthesizer from Mutable Instruments.
Complete synthesizer voice that is based on modal synthesis, an under-appreciated form of physical modeling. It combines an exciter synthesis section for raw and noise sounds with the characteristics of a bowed, blown, or struck instrument with a modal filter bank consisting of 64 tuned bandpass filters that simulate the behavior of resonant structures. Alternatively, you can process external signals through the filter bank. Brightness and damping can be adjusted and a stereo reverb adds room to the sound.
Quarks contains three generators that produce a sound when excited:
- Bowed instrument: particle-like scratching noise with 2-pole low-pass filter and envelope.
- Blown instrument: granular pitched noise with wavetable-like scanning between various tone colors and envelope.
- Percussive impulse generator: interpolates through a collection of impulsive excitations – including sampled sticks, brushes and hammers, and models of damped mallets, plectrums, or bouncy particles. 2-pole low-pass filter and pitch control
The modal resonator consists of 64 state-variable bandpass filters and has a coarse and fine frequency and FM controls."Geometry" interpolates through a collection of structures, including plates, strings, tubes, and bowls. "Brightness" specifies the character of the material the resonating structure is made of – from wood to glass, from nylon to steel. "Damping" adds damping to the sound – simulates a “wet” material or the muting of the vibrations. "Position" specifies at which point the structure is excited. "space" creates an increasingly rich stereo output by capturing the sound at two different points of the structure, and then adds more space through algorithmic reverberation. The sound is played when receiving a trigger or when pressing the play button- Alternatively, you can process external audio signals with the resonator.
- Functionally equivalent version of the Mutable Instruments Elements
- Space-saving variant compared to the original
- Can be operated with all firmware variants
|Power consumption +12V:||130|
|Power consumption -12V:||130|