Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 210629
- Depth: 41
Here we go: Strymon's second Eurorack FX module - the StarLab. The mission of Strymon's StarLab is to provide the finest possible reverb for modular systems (and it possibly is). But it is much more than a reverb module and offers an immense number of possible sounds and of course high-quality AD/DA converters, for uncompromisingly good sound.
StarLab is perfect for those lush electronic soundscapes with a high degree of flexibility and creative control – as this module is actually a reverb, delay and playable instrument.
The Strymon gives you three distinct Reverb textures to choose from: Sparse, Dense, and Diffuse and the addition of a classic 80s inspired shimmer effect. But it doesn’t stop here, there is also the Glimmer option, which creates an enhanced harmonic spectrum using a dynamic resonant network, resulting in mysterious shifting harmonic textures. And what about those lovely distorted reverb sounds? StarLab got you covered with the soft clipping input gain stage. This gives you the ability to add pleasing musical harmonic distortion to the signal being processed by the reverb.
The delay section is actually a vastly expanded reverb pre-delay, but with the ECHO ON button activated you can create a wide variety of classic delay and delay-reverb effects. Of course, the echos can be synced to an external clock with the DELAY/TUNE knob acting as a clock multiplier/divider for the echo repeats. But StarLab also features a handy tap tempo button. For internal modulation the StarLab brings its own LFO with triangle, square, ramp, saw, random, and envelope waveforms.
And there is much more this module can do, check out the video to see and hear for yourself!
- Reverb, chorus, flanging, modulated delays, mod/verb and delay/verb + Karplus-Strong string synthesis
- Three selectable reverb types for a wide variety of ambient textures: Sparse, Dense, and Diffuse
- Four-octave Karplus-Strong string synthesis mode with damping control for string/ verb full voice capability
- LFO section: waveforms to modulate delay time,/reverb size/tone filters, + FILTER section to sculpt high and low EQ of reverb and string section + 4-pole 24dB/octave variable resonance low pass filter
- HARMONICS section to enhance the reverb's aural spectrum, + adjustable SHIMMER for added +/- 1 octave pitch shifting to the reverb/GLIMMER for dynamic enhancement of harmonics
- Adjustable reverb core size to increase or decrease space for reflections, allowing pitch control of regenerating reverb
- INFINITE freezes the input audio prior to the reverb tank
- Stereo i/o plus extensive CV control of parameters. Independent WET and DRY level controls Ins, Outs, Switches
- Access to four presets from the front panel
- Ultra-low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters (analog dry path for zero latency dry signal never converted to digital)/ ARM DSP + 32-bit floating point processing provide incredible audio quality
|Power consumption +12V:||210|
|Power consumption -12V:||210|