Haible - Living VCOs
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 220066
- Depth: 30
VCO highlight that brings back the times of "untamed bass" (early Moog, VCS3) and at the same time provides an oscillator range of more than 5 octaves with highly controllable and pleasant slow beating.
If you remember the sound of old EMS VCOs or watched a Genesis concert from the seventies (with Moog Taurus) on Youtube, you will remember the bone-shaking bass. The sadly deceased DIY legend Jürgen Haible has researched the technical background of this deep "bass rumble" years ago and wanted to combine it with an oscillator design that allowed tracking over five or more octaves. He eventually succeeded in building a VCO design with controlled beating in higher octaves that would not have been possible with "normal" exponential 1V/Oct oscillators.
Part of Jürgen Haible's musical legacy is now available again from Random Source.
- Detailed adaptation of the VCO design by Jürgen Haible
- Discrete "Servo-In-Expo" converter (EMS VCS3 feature)
- Emulation of the low frequency behavior of linear Hz/V VCOs and the leakage behavior of the EMS VCOs)
- Lively bass and musically pleasing, controllable beating (with smooth phasing between VCOs in higher octaves)
- Discrete pulse width modulation for values up into the audio range (no op-amps)
- VCO driver with 2 CV inputs, limited-speed LFO oscillator
- Vibrato section
- Exponential (RC-curve) portamento
- Additional triangle and sine outputs
- Additional sync inputs
|Power consumption +12V:||150|
|Power consumption -12V:||125|
Haible Living VCOs @Random Source