Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 160003
The second effect cartridge by Valhalla DSP for the module Z-DSP is calles Shimmer which describes the effect very well. using different methods the processed sounds are enriched by a shimmer, a precious brillant touch. By Odin, as cold and clear as a crystal at the bed of a nordic montane river, in the highlands of Asgard! ;)
How to imagine the Shimmer effect? Well, like a long reverb with pitch shifting. Using the first six programs you can create dense clouds and with the other two flanger-like effects or echos.
Following six reverb programs are included:
- Fast Shimmer. Modulated reverb, quickly decaying into an endless tail which can be pitch shifted up to ±12 semitones.
- Slow Shimmer. Like the previous program but with a slower attack.
- Dual Shimmer. Two pitch shifted voices within a reverb network, shifting the reverb decay into both positive and negative driections.
- Triple Shimmer. Two reverb voices with ±12 semitones pitch shift. One additional voice outside of the reverb without feedback and a pitch shift of ±7 semitones.
- Quad Shimmer. Four pitch shifted voices feeding info a lush modulated reverb. Creates dissonant and consonant chord textures which form a major chord at maximum pitch shift.
- ClusterVerb. Again four voices but this time within the reverb network. The result are dissonant and metallic effects.
the last two programs are other types of FX:
- Quad Detune. four short delays with pitch shifting, feedbacking each other. Strong chorus effect, partially with dissonances.
- PitchEcho. One pitch shifted voice in combination with a tape echo emulation for experimental effects.
Sean Costello had already some experience in software development when he coded some algoritms included in the much acclaimed Audio Damage EOS reverb module in 2009. By the same year, he established Valhalla DSP, developing some of the most praised reverbs plug-ins still to this day.