Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 190057
- Depth: 32
Crux by the relatively new manufacturer River (synths) is a highly useful dual VCA. Slim, very straightforward and equipped for all use cases. There are two CV inputs per channel: for envelope (unipolar) and LFOs/modulations (bipolar). It is switchable between linear and exponential behaviour, as well as audio (AC) and CV (DC) and starts to saturate pleasantly above a level of 10Vpp (= Eurorack oscillator level). Especially here you notice the discrete transistor circuit, which gives all (audio) signals a nice presence.
Crux works well in any system where (transistor based) VCAs are still needed. And you can never have enough VCAs...where this one is also especially recommended for small starter systems.
With the switches available it covers every patch scenario. But above all we find it wonderful as an exponential Audio-VCA with extra benefits and a nice price!
All features at a glance:
- dual VCA around discrete transistor OTA core
- switchable linear or exponential VCA response
- switchable between Audio (AC) and CV (DC) usestarts to pleasantly saturate beyond levels of 10Vpp (clips at 20Vpp)
- envelope (unipolar) and modulation (bipolar) CV inputs
- smart normalization of unused envelope inputs to allow for full-range bipolar modulation
|Power consumption +12V:||23|
|Power consumption -12V:||23|