Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 210545
- Depth: 45
Euroracks first binaural 3D-Mixer! Quasar is a module that lets you smoothly move sounds around your head, changing the angle, height and distance in real time.
Quasar has two mono audio inputs that are processed by the POS A and POS B controls. The audio signals can be flexibly routed to either or both positions via an internal matrix mixer, and the coordinates of the positions can be set manually or manipulated via CV. In this way, you can virtually place and move your input signals around your head at any angle, height, and distance - creating a 3D sound image through binaural audio processing. Adding a realistic room reverb further enhances the perception of depth.
Quasar also gives you the right tools to manipulate input signals for creative results. With digital high-pass and low-pass filters, you decide which frequency bands are sent to which position. In addition to POS A and B, you can also route the sound to the CNTR center position, which distributes it evenly to the left and right ears without further processing. This is especially handy for low frequencies - the low frequencies provide the solid foundation in the middle of the mix, and the high frequencies dance around your head.
This effect works best with headphones, as the algorithm emulates the shape of the head and the pinnae, which are responsible for our directional hearing. When you play Quasar through speakers, you hear the expanded space as well, which sounds very different from classic panning.
Quasar is a module that invites you to play, it allows a new experience and has a user interface that encourages interaction.
- Stereo Out (two single jacks + headphone stereo jack)
- 2 CV inputs
- Two large stepless encoders with aluminum knobs, RGB LED rings for setting and displaying parameters
- OLED display for navigation and to show which parameter the encoders are currently controlling
- CVs can be flexibly routed to all parameters, multiple destinations per CV, individual amount
- Volume control potentiometers for inputs and outputs
- Volume control potentiometers for the three positions A, B and Center.
|Power consumption +12V:||185|
|Power consumption -12V:||20|