Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 150233
OTO BIM is an innovative stereo delay with characterful sound for the real 80s delay vibe.
BIM's approach provides an authentic vibe of earlier studio delays, where the signal was digitized only for the delay section using 12-bit AD/DA converters and RAM chips. This limitation makes the quality of the delay vibe decrease with increasing duration, but this leads to extremely musical results and the characteristic sound. With a total of six delay types, BIM leaves hardly anything to be desired: Normal (normal sustain), Dual Head (emulation of two tone heads for smooth shifting), Disto (subtle distortion of the delay tail), Lofi (asymmetrical distortion) and Reverse (reverse delay) allow for numerous sound variations. The newly added Thru-mode now even allows signal coloration using input gain, filter and the AD/DA converter without delay! In conjunction with the input-side built-in compressor, effects reminiscent of crunchy vintage samplers can be achieved by running BIMs input hot. The delay time is adjustable in steps from 8 miliseconds to 3.276 seconds and is functionally accompanied by various filters and an LFO. The feedback can be filtered separately again, while the Freeze function "locks" the feedback tail and plays it as a forward or backward loop. The Freeze buffer can be edited while playing..
Speaking of editing: Six generously spaced knobs provide a flawless "knobbing" experience that, in combination with the eight function buttons, allows you to quickly switch between the various parameters. BIM features 12 factory presets and has a total of 36 preset memory locations. Equipped with MIDI-In, the handy unit (<1KG) allows MIDI control (CC/Program Change) for all parameters and is housed in a road-ready steel case. Surgeon and Hannes Bieger, among others, swear by the sound of BIM.
- Stereodelay with True 12-bit converters, analog limiter, compander, filter and feedback path.
- 6 modes of operation: Normal, Dual Head, Disto, Lo-Fi, Reverse, Thru (signal coloration using input gain, filter and converter).
- Delay HP filter: 20Hz, 100Hz, 250Hz or 500Hz Delay low pass filter: 16kHz, 8kHz, 4kHz or 2kHz
- Feedback filter: Flat, Lo Cut, Hi Cut or both
- LFO with 4 waveforms and 4 frequency ranges (from 0.025Hz to 147Hz)
- Tap Tempo with sub-division settings
- Freeze switch with normal reverse playback
- Delay input gain from 0 to +15 dB
- 3 bypass modes: relay, spillover and aux
- 12 presets and 36 preset memory locations
- MIDI input (controllable via CC and program change)
- Robust steel case
- Dimensions: 145 x 145 x 65 mm
- Power supply included (+15V DC, center positive)
OTO Machines' Biscuit has become already an unobtainable modern classic. Despite that, the currently available BIM, BAM, BOUM desktop boxes are some of the most beloved effect units of our catalog. OTO Machines design, assemble and test all units from their workshop in central Paris, using quality parts sourced from local companies,