Doepfer Dark Link USB/MIDI-Cv interface
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 120470
Dark Link is a Midi/USB-to-CV/Gate interface to control vintage monophonic synthesizers via Midi or USB. Dark Link is nothing but the USB/Midi interface of the Dark Energy. It has available 4 analog control voltage outputs (CV1 to 4) and one Gate output.
- Midi Input
- Learn button
- Gate Out (with LED for Gate display and learn function), 0/ 5V
Details are available on the FAQ page of our website: S-Trig conversion.
- CV1: controlled by Midi note messages, 1V/Octave, 0... 5V
- CV2: controlled by Midi pitch bend, ~ -2.5... 2.5V or ~ 0... 5V (can be selected by an internal jumper)
- CV3: controlled by Midi velocity, 0... 5V
- CV4: controlled by Midi control change messages, free assignale controller in learn mode
- Glide control (portamento function for CV1)
- power supply (12V AC/min. 400mA)
Important Note: All units with serial number beyond 112700 concerning the gate voltage – Inside the unit is a jumper available that is used to set the gate voltage to +5V or +12V. If the jumper is removed the gate output has S-Trigger function.
Dark Link @Doepfer
WIth a long trajectory building synths, MIDI keyboards and designing bespoke devices for music pioneers Kraftwerk, Dieter Doepfer decided to design his own modular synthesizer in 1995 based on existing electrical and mechanical specifications of lab equipment he used during his years at university. The official presentation of the system at 1996 Frankfurt Musikmesse caught everyone by surprise and created lots of interest. After Doepfer published the specifications on his website, many instrument designers and engineers saw the potential of the new Eurorack format. Doepfer continues expanding their catalog of over 200 modules (and counting), operating from their modest offices in the outskirts of Munich.