Befaco - Case 7U
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 230299
At home, stage or into the studio, the flexible Befaco 7U Case with multiple connections takes your system to the next level.
There are plenty of cases available. With this Befaco 7U case, it is all about the details, that make it such a complete solution for housing your modules. The material is black anodized Aluminum. Very resistant and still lightweight. It is highly portable. So the Kensington lock is another nice detail. The power supply is one of the strongest on the market with 5A/+12V, 2.5A/-12V and 4A/+5V. There are 36 headers, so unless you are planning to use a freakish amount of 2HP modules, you will not run out of connection points.
On the back, you find the MIDI trio (in/Out/Thru), USB B for e.g. USB MIDI and USB A charging ports (Apple compatible). Another welcomed feature are the six 6,3mm TRS/TS jacks situated to the left of the MIDI ports. All of these jacks are compatible with the Intellijel 1U Pin system. Many Befaco (and Intellijel) modules support this system. A VESA mount is attached to the back. This is one of the features where you wonder why nobody else came up with it until now. With a fitting VESA stand (>12kg) you get an unprecedented flexibility in positioning your rack.
The 7U case is dust protected with the included custom PET-G cover. Should it catch dust, you can always use Befaco's ubiquitous Synth Duster.
All features at a glance:
- Dimensions: 53.5cm x 31cm x 8cm (14cm with cover)
- 2 x 104HP/3U + 104HP/1U
- Power supply Specifications: +12V: 5000mA, -12V: 2500mA, 5V: 4000mA
- Depth: 53mm (power supply side), 70mm (rest of the case)
- Module Slots: 36
- Weight 2.6kg/ 3.4kg with cover.
- Rear connectors: 6x 6’3″ Jack I/O (Balanced or Unbalanced), MIDI DIN In/Out/Thru, USB Device Type B, Apple compatible USB-A charging ports.
- Power brick included: 135W 2.5mm Barrel connector center positive
- Cover: PET-G Clear cover (included)
- VESA 100 format threads. Recommended VESA stand: >12kg
- Kensington Lock
With over a decade of DIY workshops under their belt, Befaco has been one of the first modular synth mainstays of the ever-growing Barcelona modular scene. Their designs are completely open source and never cease to get acclaimed by both newbies and seasoned modularists alike.