Arturia - MiniFreak
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 220563
The MiniFreak from Arturia is a symbiosis of digital and analog which, in combination with numerous other functions, creates a truly characterful instrument.
As its big sibling, it has taken all the good stuff from the MicroFreak but added a few extras. The MiniFreak has two of the digital sound sources known from the MicroFreak. These are equipped with over 20 modes, ranging from the classics of Émelie Gillet (Mutable Instruments) to Arturia's own developments, up to the three massive oscillator modes created in collaboration with the folks at Noise Engineering. What's new in the MiniFreak is that they (the oscillators) can modulate each other to make entirely new shores of madness reachable. This digital sharpness is rounded off only too well by the beautiful sound of the analog 12dB filter. Of course, it offers low-pass, band-pass and high-pass. Furthermore, the MiniFreak has a normal and a looping envelope, along with two LFOs per voice, as well as a comprehensive modulation matrix and a whole three digital effects slots (10 effects each).
The MiniFreak is equipped with a full 6-voice polyphony, so with a filter and VCA per voice. This polyphony becomes especially powerful in combination with the integrated sequencer, which has all kinds of random modes. However, if you prefer to play by yourself, the neat keyboard with 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch is of course also available.
- 37 velocity-sensitive slim keys with aftertouch
- 6-voice polyphony
- 2 sound engines with a total of 22 oscillator modes
- Engine 2 can be used to edit Engine 1
- 1 envelope per voice
- 1 cyclic envelope per voice
- 2 LFOs per voice with configurable LFO curves
- Polyphonic analog filters and VCAs
- 3 digital FX slots in insert or send mode with 10 effect types
- Modulation matrix with 7 sources and 13 destinations
- OLED display for real-time visual feedback
- Intuitive 64-step sequencer (4 pages with 16 steps each)
- 4 automation tracks for modulations
- Performance arpeggiator control with ratcheting, octave randomization and more
- MIDI in/out/thru; USB connection; connectors for sustain, audio in and clock in/out; stereo output
Well established and renown for their computer plug-in suites, Grenoble-based company Arturia made the leap into hardware by offering well-thought out synths, sequencers and keyboards talking fluently both CV/gate and MIDI at a very attractive price entry.