Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 230413
The AJH Synth System 9U is a versatile, pre-configured complete system. An impressive proof of Allen's creativity.
This System is a sound-monolith. Carefully matched to each other, the 9U expands the functionality of the smaller 6U system even further and forms a modular symbiosis of modules in a Eurorack case that are not only "tried & tested" but also "ready to go" for use in your studio.
In contrast to the 6U system, the 9U offers an additional VCO, VCF, VCA and more modulation on three rows each. For example, a complete minimod voice is also possible, but can be supplemented by a significantly different sounding, additional voice. This is provided, among other things, by the Wave Swarm dual waveform animators, a wavefolding diode filter, and a clockable, CV-controllable multi-waveform LFO.
Among other things, this makes a two-voice polysynth possible, with each voice having 2 VCOs, 2 envelopes of its own, matching waveform animator (Wave Swarm), LFO, VCF and VCA. In addition, either two 2-VCO monosynths that can be clearly distinguished from each other in terms of sound or three separate monosynths can be created. Or a monstrous sounding 4 VCO monosynth with 2 sub-octaves. The AJH 9U is a real powerhouse of sonic and technical possibilities to go on an intuitive, modular journey.
Since the choice of patch cables is a matter of personal preference, the system is shipped without patch cables. The manufacturer recommends purchasing the following cables: 10x 25-30cm; 10x 50-60cm; 4x 80-90cm.
Pre-configured, tested and ready to use 9U complete system
- Glide Noise Glide / Noise Module - Glide Up/Down, CV Buffering/Splitting, white, pink and red noise.
- 4 x MiniMod VCO - Very good sounding VCO based on the classic RA Moog circuitry
- MiniMod Transistor Ladder Filter - An absolute legend, based on the early 4-pole Minimoog filter
- Dual Contour Generator - two independent envelopes with Moog Model D transistor circuits
- 2 x Discrete Cascaded VCA - two stage VCA with early Minimoog circuits
- Dual LFO with VCA - two multi-waveform LFOs with a DC-coupled VCA for additional level control
- CV mixer with VCA - mix, invert, boost and attenuate CV voltages
- Ring SM - award-winning ring modulator, dual sub-bass generator and five-channel discrete transistor mixer based on the Moog CP3 mixer
- Sonic XV - Diode ladder filter in vintage layout and wavefolder
- Tap Tempo LFO - voltage controlled LFO with tap tempo, 16 waveforms and VCA
- Precision Voltages Module - transpose and mix pitch CVs with accurate precision to keep everything in tune
- Muting Mixer and VCA - both mixer and a linear / exponential VCA
WaveSwarm - 6 x 2-channel waveform animators that make one VCO sound like twelve VCOs
- Gemini 2412 - Very versatile dual multimode VCF based on the old Oberheim SEM circuitry
- Gain Switch Multi - Control of the overdrive behavior of the MiniMod VCF and VCO as well as passive Mult
- 2 x DH-ADSR Envelope - envelope with delay, hold and invert functions, so the system can also be configured as a two-voice system
- Case: Doepfer A100 LC9V Vintage Black case, 9U with three rows of 84HP for a total of 252HP of rack space
- Power supply: Doepfer PSU3 extra low-noise power supply and distribution rails, suitable for 230V or 115V operation
Allan "J" Hall started tinkering with electronics already at the age of 12 and after servicing classic analog synths for a while, he founded his own brand in Bournemouth, located in the south coast of England. His first run of Minimoog-clone modules were largely well received and Allan continues now expanding his catalogue with well thought-out original designs.