Michigan Synth Works - SY-1 MIDI
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 230011
Michigan Synth Works SY-1 Expanded I/O Configuration is a replica of the sought-after Pearl SY-1 drum machine, which has become a cult device with its flexible, accessible and expressive sound creator.
The SY-1 drum machine appeared in 1979 and consisted of two identical channels, each with two oscillators per voice, and five different modes (plus noise channel), providing extensive sound processing options and providing the characteristic electro zaps and FM sounds in addition to "normal" sounds. In addition to the single oscillator mode (A) and the noise mode (F), the combination modes (B-E) are especially interesting, allowing the SY-1 to reach top form together with the LFOs and the sweep functionality.
Michigan Synth Works has reproduced the internal and external details of the original and carefully selected the components to match the sonic character of the original version, and the case, board, and I/O boards are even interchangeable with those of the original.
The Expanded I/O configuration adds various input/output options MIDI-In-functionality to the original's configuration, the latter of which are also user-configurable.
- Replica of the Pearl Syncussion SY-1
- Two-voice drum synthesizer with two voices each
- Five different sound generation modes plus noise
- Each voice with controls for Tune, Decay, Sweep Amount, Sweep Speed, Sweep Up/Off/Down, LFO Amount, LFO Shape (triangle or square), Sample/Hold
- Can be controlled via drum trigger/V-trig
- Inputs: Trig 1+2, MIDI In, Mute, Tune 1,2 CV In
- Outputs: 1+2
SY-1 MIDI I/O @Michigan Synth Works
Michigan Synth Works offer small factor clones mostly based in open-source designs.