Koma Elektronik - Field Kit Standalone
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 180539
Take your Chance! The Field Kit by Koma Elektronik is a tool for making (electro-acoustic) music by experimenting with everyday objects. It offers many possibilities for amplifying various objects and then mixing them with radio waves in the tradition of the electro-acoustic works of 50ies John Cage. The Field Kit is optimized for microphones, contact microphones and guitar pickups. It can also send signals with a DC interface so that the Field Kit can control motors and magnets. An AM, FM and short wave radio receiver with CV control to browse the radio station is also included.
The Field Kit has several function blocks designed to receive or generate all types of signals.
- Four-channel mixer with individual gain, mix level and tone control
- AM/FM/SW radio receiver with CV search function
- Envelope Follower with CV-/Gate-Out
- Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) with adjustable frequency and selectable waveforms
- DC interface for controlling motors, solenoids, fans, LEDs, relay switches, etc.
- Switch interface generate various kinds of gates/triggers
- Sensor interface for various sensors to generate control voltages
The sensor interface is used to manipulate the output voltage of analog sensors such as light, heat or distance sensors and to convert their signals into control voltage. It can amplify or attenuate the incoming signal and add a DC offset so that you can, for example, set a motor to a constant speed and make it run faster by outputting a higher voltage from the sensor.
Founded by Wouter Jaspers and Christian Zollner, Koma have been no strangers in the synth-scene in Berlin. If the SVF201 filter has been glowing on many racks already, their release of the Field Kit (and Field Kit FX) have catapulted them into well-deserved recognition.