Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 230368
Think Casio SK-1 or the Yamaha VSS series. But with instant access, tuned for playability. With up-to-date features and technology. This is Kiviak's WoFi. Your new all-in-one keyboard sampler!
Magnetic tape was probably first used for recording music in 1930. Ten years later, the original form of sampling is said to have been created. With meticulous care tape was cut up and reassembled to create new compositions. Another 36 years later, the first digital sampler hit the market and started sampling as we still do it today.
Sampling is used in every form of electronic music, be it hip-hop, techno, ambient or new wave. There are samplers in every form and all of them have different applications. Some have a special sound, others are good for finger drumming.
The Kiviak WOFI sampler is especially impressive because of its playability. A very clear and understandable user interface, combined with a keyboard and internet access make WOFI contemporary and accessible.
WOFI's player section offers plenty of parameters to give your samples the characteristics of old samplers. There are also various playback options easily selectable with dedicated buttons. Furthermore, there is a lowpass filter with a selectable slope, very much in the spirit of classic subtractive synthesis. The sound shaping finds its end and also its climax in the Texturer section. Here you can bathe your sounds in beautiful shimmer, or fragment them through granular synthesis.
To modulate your parameters there is an LFO, with three different waveforms. It's a breeze to assign the LFO to any parameter to get your sound moving! The integrated ADSR envelope is also easily assignable to filter, amplifier or both at the same time. WOFI of course also has a sequencer on board, which can sequentially control pitches as well as parameters.
The manager section gives you visual feedback on your settings at any time and lets you easily access the mywofi cloud to load samples or presets. This cloud is a rich source of new sounds and lets you participate in the WOFI community.
A great feature of WOFI is the built-in recorder, with whose microphone you can instantly play any sound from your environment polyphonically. Of course, audio inputs are also built in to record sound sources directly into WOFI.
This high-quality sampler lets you play anywhere, anytime thanks to its rechargeable battery and easy-to-understand design.
- Player with 48kHz 16 bits
- Direct streaming from included flash
- Polyphony 10 voices
- Record from Line, dynamic microphone or integrated microphone
- Gain adjust -6dB + 22dB (Eurorack level compliant)
- Sequencer with 16 steps for notes and parameters
- Pitch shifting und Granular Synthesis
- Time stretch
- Bit crusher
- Machine rendering emulation
- Resonant state variable filter (12dB/24dB)
- Parameter modulation from different sources (envelope, LFO, sequencer automation, external modulation (CV/MIDI), aftertouch, touch strip)
- WIFI connectivity with Cloud access (Patch / Sample upload/download, sharing, backup)
- Sync clock + start/stop
- CV input, Gate input
- CV outputs (modulation output, gate output)
- MIDI in, out, through DIN&USB
- Line In, Line out, Headphones
- USB powered with embedded battery (roughly 4h)
- Integrated Microphone
- Integrated Speaker
- Aluminium & wood body