Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 220623
- Depth: 23
The Steady State Gate of steady State Fate delivers the classic low-pass gate sound by combining VCA and VCF and extends this concept by many functions.
The Steady State Gate (hence SSG) is not equipped with a vactrol like classic low-pass gates but combines a VCA with a filter to emulate the sonic characteristics of vactrols. For the filter type, however, the SSG gives you the choice between a 6db bandpass, as well as a 6dB or 12dB lowpass. There is also a resonance parameter, which expands the sonic variety immensely! Furthermore, there is an internal decay envelope, with which the VCA and VCF are equally addressed. This envelope can be tapped at a CV output for further use. But the SSG has, even more, up its sleeve: A timbre circuit that lets you choose between wave folding, and saturation as well as an interesting chaos (QAOS) mode that addresses and modulates the filter resonance. Of course, everything is CV controllable and SSG can self-oscillate to create a great range of sound.
The SSG can also be used as a standalone VCF or as a standalone VCA with high-end roll-off - typical of most traditional low-pass gates. With or without timbre modifiers in play.
- 6db/oct bandpass, 6dB/oct lowpass and 12dB/oct lowpass filter modes.
- Manual frequency cutoff control and CV input
- Manual resonance control (Q-FACTOR) and CV input
- Three circuits to change timbre - manual control and CV input
- Soft saturation overdrive
- QAOS (resonance character modifier)
- Manual and voltage-controlled decay envelope emulating Vactrol response curves
- Envelope output
- EXCITE input accepts gates, triggers and external envelopes to excite the low-pass gate
- EXCITE detects input levels to control dynamics
|Power consumption +12V:||75|
|Power consumption -12V:||75|
Steady State Fate (SSF) is the instrument design outlet of Andrew Morelli. Whereas the WMD/SSF product line features simple and small-format modules, his newly self-released modules are getting a very positive reception.