Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 220074
Sputnik Variable Waveform Generator is a Buchla inspired discrete Tri-Core-VCO.
The module has a variety of options for sound control and, unlike the typical tri-core soft sync, has a hard sync option on board. The waveforms (sub, pulse, sine, sawtooth and triangle) can be triggered individually and feature different modulation and animation options. In addition, the VWG has a VCO/LFO switch, linear and exponential FM inputs with attenuators, and tracks very precisely.
- Sine: Fader controls wavefolding level (bottom=default sine wave/top=full effect level).
- Sym=98-99% symmetrical wave folding
- Asym=Increased asymmetric wave folding when effect level is increased
- Positive CV signals amplify the effect, negative "duck" the sine in an exponential manner at low fader settings
- The fader behaves like an offset for control signals and has an attenuator
- Sawtooth: The fader controls the position of the additional saw waves for a supersaw-like animation effect
- Double=2x Saw/level can exceed 16Vpp
- Triple=3x Saw/level can exceed 19Vpp.
- Fader behaves like offset for CV and features attenuator
- Triangle: Fader controls overdrive portion (down=standard triangle waveform/up=full saturation).
- Odd=Adds soft saturation of top and bottom peaks
- Even=Has an asymmetrical, soft-saturating effect that provides width and drive to upper frequencies, while producing more even harmonics in the lower range through a reduced amount of overdrive
- Positive CV signals amplify the effect, negative ones attenuate it exponentially at lower fader values.
- Fader acts as an offset for CV signals, an attenuator is provided
- Pulse: The fader controls the intensity of the PWM, in the center position a 50/50 pulse is generated
- Edge=Introduces standard PWM between upper and lower wave cycles (approx. 10%/90%)
- Center=Controls the pulse width between rising and falling edges of the waveform (approx. 10%/90%). The duty cycle is adjustable via the fader
- Positive CV signals boost the duty cycle of the top side in the Edge setting, while negative ones boost the duty cycle of the bottom side. At Center, CV signals have the same effect on the top and bottom sides
- Higher CV values or CV + offset via faders can control the duty cycle from 0% to 100%, providing a gated VCA effect.
- Sub: Adds pulse wave in the range of -1 or -2 octaves
- VCO/LFO mode:
- Linear FM (AC-coupled/with attenuator)
- Exponential FM DC coupled (with attenuator)
- V/Oct tracking FM
- Coarse and fine control knobs
- Sync works with any waveform for different effects