Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 230333
The RK-008 from RetroKits is a powerful real-time multitrack MIDI recorder in a small, handheld enclosure and a lovely homage to a cult-sequencer
When it was first introduced, the RK-008 caused quite a bit of a stir. This little powerhouse is a very compact and potent MIDI workstation for your pocket. That's something you don't see every day. The device can record pretty much all data that can be transmitted via MIDI (notes, pitch bend, controller, program changes...). A total of up to 16 songs with 100 parts each can be recorded, composed and stored. Each part can record and play 16 MIDI channels itself, with no limitation on polyphony or MIDI channel unless you implement these in the settings. This is what sets the RK-008 apart from most sequencers!
The RK-008 records unquantized event information, so you can play back exactly what you recorded. Of course, if you want the RK-008 to quantize your recordings, that's possible too.
The RK-008 is delivered without battery (type: Nokia 5C). Please watch the video below to learn more about which battery to use.
- Real-time multitrack MIDI recorder
- Repeat overdubs or recordings, stack parts
- Add swing or transpose recorded parts non-destructively while playing
- The RK008 comes with two TRSA-DIN5 cables and one USBA-USBC cable
- 2x MIDI-In, 2x A MIDI-Out + Sync Out
- TRS-A MIDI connector
- Expandable via USB with the RK-006 with its 12 ports
- Portable form factor (13x8x3cm)