Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 230522
Retro Mechanical Labs Dual Hyde Distortion Filter engulfs you with quite characterful distortion and extensive CV control. Two Hyde units wrapped in one beatiful wooden case.
Everyone who deals with distortion looks forward to moments like this: it gets heavy but feels nice and even creamy at best. The sound breaks up and kind of melts away, but still gains depth and width without a feeling of total pulverization. Harmonics charm the frequencies and dare to dance with them. The Hyde Distortion Filter is best suited for such moments, especially in combination with noise-heavy sound generators or wallflower synths with no particular sonic peculiarities. If you are looking for something apart from high gain and want to create dark soundscapes or "wall of sound" sounds, you could also say don't look any further! Housed in timelessly stylish Retro-Wood, the toneshaper has a smooth and dark sound due to its active low-pass diode ladder filter with resonating feedback. A very slow drifting LFO modulates the filter frequency if needed while the resonance control gives you assertive harmonics. The low-cut control can be used to further flavor the filter menu, while the midrange frequencies can be boosted to make them more dominant. The Distortion Bypass control also provides even more neutral sonic input to the filter if needed. Pre-filter distortion and post-filter overdrive provide the right level, and behind the filter circuitry is a germanium clipping/saturation circuit that, unsurprisingly, goes by the knob codename "React"
Of course, this filter and distortion specialist can be left to the whim of CV control in a comprehensive way, modulate me, baby!
- Two instances of distortion box (anti high-gain) with active LP diode ladder filter (same as in Jekyll n Hyde Dual filter box)
- Extensive sound control of Filter and Distortion Circuit via post Low-Cut filter, inverted Lowpass-Filter control, pre-filter distortion, post-filter overdrive and germanium clipping/saturation stage
- 16 patch points for extensive CV modulation
- Misc-Switch (Input-dependent relatively unpredictable distortion)
- Knobs/switches for Pre-Distortion (UP), Cutoff (HYDE), Resonance (FORTIS), Post-Drive (Down), LFO Modulation (NEFRAS),
LFO Amount (BIAS), LFO Speed (ZEAL), Germanium Clipping (REACT)
- "Y" LED indicates LFO Pulse, eight CV-corresponding LEDs
- ⅛”-Jacks to be used with Eurorack or Line-Level-Instruments(sorry guitar players!)
- 18V DC power supply (inside negative/150ma) included. Using a 12V power supply will result in a "dirtier" sound, which will affect the filter smoothness
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Further products by Retro Mechanical Labs (RMLfx)