Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 190150
The Pedal Crush book contains everything – from starting out with a pedalboard to concepts, purpose, history and creative possibilities of specific effects and pedal types. Presentations of both popular and rare pedals, contemporary, boutique, and vintage, as well as lots of illustrated tips and tricks. The book takes the reader on a unique journey of discovery, resulting in clarity and expanded knowledge of effects pedals and their creative, musical possibilities.
Pedal Crush is divided into seven main sections organized by effect type. Each section introduces technical, usable, and audible features of the effect, and ramps up from basic options to effects pedals with more advanced combinations. The seven chapters of PEDAL CRUSH all contain contemporary effects as well as historic touchpoints, vintage rarities, and "oddballs."
The book contains:
- INTRODUCTION - effect chain, amplification & integration, power, control, the pedalboard, multi-fx, fx-boards, software
- GAIN - Boost, Fuzz, Distortion, Overdrive, Bit Crush
- DYNAMICS - Envelope, Compressor, Noise gate
- TIME - Delay, Reverb, Freeze, Glitch, Granular, Doubler, Looper
- MODULATION - Tremolo, Flanger, Ring Modulation, Rotary, Phaser, Vibe, Chorus, Vibrato
- PITCH - Octaver & Tracking, Pitch Shifter, Harmony, Synth
- FREQUENCY - EQ, Filter, Wah, Talkbox & Vocoder
- Timeline, glossary, and resources