Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Available on request
- Order number: 180435
Patch & Tweak is all about modular synthesis. The book explores and explains a range of topics relevant to anyone interested in modular systems. Besides an introduction to synthesis and its history, it covers different concepts, purpose and creative possibilities of specific modules. Furthermore, Patch & Tweak features interviews with some passionate manufacturers and artists who use the modules, including Richard Devine, Robert Rich, Hans Zimmer, and many more! Discover their patching secrets and performance tips.
Patch & Tweak is a great read for beginners and professionals alike. Patch & Tweak contains inspirational interviews with significant creators and major artists that share their passion for modular instruments. Explore their systems, philosophies, patching secrets, and performance tips.
Patch & Tweak features a foreword by Suzanne Ciani and was written by Kim Bjørn as well as Chris Meyer. Editing was done by Paul Nagle.
The book contains:
- History of modular synthesis
- Modular synthesis explained: Harmonics, voltage control, East Coast and West Coast philosophies, et cetera
- More than 100 examples of contemporary and rare modular systems / modules
- More than 50 patching tips for generic application
- Patch symbol library for inspiration and exploring patches
- Modular concepts such as VCOs, VCFs, ENVs, LFOs, VCAs and advanced techniques
- High quality images and original patch diagram graphics in full color
- Exclusive interviews with more than 25 artists and makers (Caterina Barbieri, Ian Boddy, Russell E. L. Butler, Richard Devine, Hataken, Bana Haffar, Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL , Andrew Huang , Lady Starlight , Node , Robert Rich , Robin Rimbaud / Scanner , Hans Zimmer)