Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 220079
The Ouroboros Alea Taction is the evolution of its predecessor Alea and has been enhanced with three gold-plated copper touch plates and a redesigned cabinet.
The two-voice West Coast synthesizer with banana plugs equally masters generative, morphing, percussive, subsonic or sophisticated techno sounds and has now been "refined" with a tactile element. The three touch plates intensify the connection between synth and performer; the potential for improvisation, variation and expression gets elevated. The touch plates are patchable and can, for example, control the amplitude of the individual voices, affect the pitch of the oscillators, cross-modulate the voices and influence the waveshaper as well as the shift register. They also respond to the conductivity of the skin, the touch surface, and thus to pressure, allowing a variable control voltage to be generated. Touch plates can be used to play drones manually, alter the ecosystem of a generative patch, or achieve organic changes to techno-like patches. The possibilities to control the Alea by subtle movements or to use tactile immediacy beneficially for sound shaping are extremely extensive.
- Sine wave OSCs with CV and FM inputs, attenuator for each input.
- Two voltage controlled waveformers per oscillator (add/fold harmonics and shape the phase of the sine)
- Sine outputs per oscillator for mutual modulation
- Vactrol-based VCA for cross-modulation between both oscillators
- Oscillator can be used separately or as primary/modulation oscillator
- Vactrol lowpass gate with two inputs each
- Two LFOs (LFO with triangle and rectangle out/VCLFO with triangle out)
- Sequencer with four-stage shift register (clocked by VCLFO) that collects data from an oscillator for probabilistic pattern generation and generates different arrangements of results during the run
- Sequencer clocking by external signals possible
- RoHS components
- Lead-free printed circuit boards
- Precious hardwood case finished with boiled linseed oil
- Powder coated steel base
- 18V Power supply (Center negative) included