Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 160097
Space Generator is the BAM's byname, a stereo reverb effect which is inspired by the digital reverb units of the late 70s / early 80s. It simlulates the algorithms, frequency spectra and artefacts of those units being responsible for their specific sound, yet being a modern device it offers MIDI control, seven algorithms, analog filters and memory - all that in a form factor of a small desktop effect.
The direct parameters of the BAM are controlled with the potentiometers:
- Size: size of the reverb room
- Pre-Delay: determines the time between the original signal and the early reflections. Maximum 500ms with potentiometer and 1500ms wwith TAP
- Mix: blends over from the original signal to effect signal
- Reverb Time: well, time of the reverb
- Damping: cuts the high frequencies of the the effect signal
The buttons at the bottom of the unit are used for adjusting further parameters in comjunction with the Data control:
- Type: selects one of seven carefully programmed algorithms: Room, Hall, Plate, Ambient, Chorus, Non-Linear and Primitive
- In Gain: determines volume of input and it adds distortion through analog clipping in the range of 0dB to +15dB
- Filters: steps through two filtre types and a number of fixed cutoff frequencies:
- Low-Cut Filter: 20Hz, 80Hz, 150Hz, 250Hz, 450Hz
- Hi-Cut Filter: 1.8kHz, 4.5kHz, 7kHz, 9kHz, 15kHz
More buttons for other functions:
- Active: turns the effect on or off. there are three different bypass modes: Relay, Spillover and Bypass
- Tap: Tap Tempo button, assignalble to Pre-Delay or Reverb Time
- Preset: selects through the 72 memory slots
- Chorus: adds a Chorus effect to the reverb
- Freeze: will freeze the entire frequency spectrum of the effect signal. Great for creating infinite reverb.
MIDI input: BAM responds to CCs and Program Changes.
BAM auf der Webseite von OTO Machines;http://www.otomachines.com/portfolio/bam
OTO Machines' Biscuit has become already an unobtainable modern classic. Despite that, the currently available BIM, BAM, BOUM desktop boxes are some of the most beloved effect units of our catalog. OTO Machines design, assemble and test all units from their workshop in central Paris, using quality parts sourced from local companies,