Moog - Minimoog Model D 2022 Edition
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 220567
Better than ever, the Moog Minimoog Model D, arguably the most popular synthesizer of all time, returns as a reissue.
As the first portable synthesizer in history, Bob Moog's invention set standards and is still considered an actual blueprint for subsequent devices. For the first time, the sound character of Moog's modular synthesizers could be reproduced accessibly, quickly and intuitively on stage and in the studio, and all without patch cables!
Legendary artists like Herbie Hancock, Kraftwerk, Rick Wakeman, Sun Ra, Giorgio Moroder and Gary Numan were inspired by the iconic look and sound to define new standards of electronic music and break genre boundaries.
Over 50 years later, a new Minimoog D is leaving the Moog factory in Asheville, USA to inspire a new generation of electronic musicians and synth enthusiasts.
The monophonic synthesizer with three oscillators features a classy cherry wood cabinet housed in a handcrafted aluminum case. Its legendary 24 dB ladder filter, together with the powerful sounding oscillators and richly saturating filter, provides deep and lively sound. The component layout and design of the Model D from the seventies has been retained. While no changes have been made to the original sound engine or signal flow, the new edition scores with functional modifications that allow the sonic diversity of the Moog sound to unfold even more fully. These include a dedicated analog LFO, with triangle and square waveforms, a premium Fatar keyboard with velocity and aftertouch (adjustable via the top CV sockets with trim pots). In addition, the new Minimoog Model D features midi integration and mixer feedback modification to overdrive the unit with impact and character with simple knob control.
Plus a spring-loaded pitch wheel with a centered zero range for improved playability and wild performance options for studio and live contexts.
- THE synthesizer classic as a 2022 Reissue
- 3x oscillators, noise generator and external audio input
- Oscillator frequency range: 0.1 to 20 kHz (in six overlapping ranges)
- Oscillator waveforms: Triangle, Triangle Sawtooth (Oscillator-1, Oscillator-2),
Inverted Sawtooth (Oscillator-3), Sawtooth, Square, Wide/Narrow Pulse, Noise
- Generator (White and Pink)
- LFO Rate: 0.05Hz to 200 Hz
- LFO Waveforms: Triangle and square
- Classic Moog 24dB ladder filter
- Filter keyboard tracking (1⁄3, 2⁄3, 1:1).
- Classic Minimoog ADS envelope
- External Audio In
- High Audio Output
- Low Audio Output (30 dB below High Level)
- Headphone Out
- After Pressure CV-Output (1⁄4 "TS): Range from 0 to +5 Volt adjustable
- Pitch CV-Output (1⁄4 "TS): -3 Volt to +7 Volt (C=0 Volt)
- Gate Output (1⁄4 "TS): 0 to +5 Volt
- Velocity Output (1⁄4 "TS)
- Loudness Input (1⁄4 "TRS)
- Filter Cutoff Input (1⁄4 "TRS)
- Oscillator Pitch Input (1⁄4 "TRS)
- Modulation Source Input (1⁄4 "TRS)
- Trigger Input(1⁄4:TS)
- External power supply: self-switching; 100-240 volts; 50/60 Hz; <12 watts