Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 180264
- Depth: 32
Doorway is a linear video key generator and compositor, also known as a soft keyer. Unlike conventional circuits, which are usually based on a comparator, this module achieves key generation via high gain amplification and clipping of the input source. Thus, the edge of the resulting key is composed of a variable percentage of the input signal, centered at the threshold point.
The linear video key generator Doorway offers the following features:
- Threshold potentiometer and CV channel. The control range covers the input’s full frequency spectrum.
- Gain knob and control voltage input. You can amplify signals by a factor of 64, meaning it is possible to do continuous sweeps from fully soft to fully hard edge.
- Signal inputs and level potentiometers for foreground and background allow the negative and positive space of the key to be set to any grayscale level. – Or you fill them with external signals.
- A switchable outline mode adds a full wave rectifier to the signal path. With this option active, the gain parameter controls the width of the outline rather than the softness of the key’s edge.
- All signal and control paths are able to process high frequency, video rate voltages.
- Each CV channel is equipped with an AC/DC switch and an inverting level attenuator.
|Power consumption +12V:||80|
|Power consumption -12V:||80|
Lars Larsen and Ed Leckie met each other in the synth DIY scene in 2008 and collaborated with the idea to release an affordable yet powerful modular video synthesizer. In 2015, they moved to Portland and by now they have the most extensive catalogue of video synthesis modules available. In case you are wondering, in their own words: "LZX is not an acronym. It is an alphabetical sequence with aesthetic merit."