Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 180260
- Depth: 32
Curtain is a video edge processor. The module can be used for sharpening, blurring and outline extraction. At its core, Curtain is a voltage controlled wideband filter and multiplier. Similar concepts were once used in X-ray analysis.
Curtain is able to process any kind of video material. The module can add dimensionality and contours to shapes or patterns. Signals coming from a camera can be sharpened or smeared. The module comes equipped with the following features:
- Manually adjustable and voltage controllable filter with a continuous tuning ratio of 1:100. The cutoff range can be varied via a three-way switch. (100 Hz to 5 MHz in total.)
- A switchable rectifier allows you to select positive rising edges and falling negative edges, both edges positive, rising edge only or falling edge only.
- A depth parameter, controllable via a potentiometer and a CV input, makes it possible to alter the filter output amplitude and signal inversion. Thus, you can easily sweep from blurring to sharpening.
- Separate outputs for filter and mix.
- All signal and control paths are able to process high frequency, video rate voltages.
- Each CV channel is equipped with an AC/DC switch and an inverting level attenuator.
|Power consumption +12V:||70|
|Power consumption -12V:||70|
Lars Larsen and Ed Leckie met each other in the synth DIY scene in 2008 and collaborated with the idea to release an affordable yet powerful modular video synthesizer. In 2015, they moved to Portland and by now they have the most extensive catalogue of video synthesis modules available. In case you are wondering, in their own words: "LZX is not an acronym. It is an alphabetical sequence with aesthetic merit."