Joranalogue - Step 8
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 220585
- Depth: 35
Joranalogue Step 8 is a sequential tracking/sampling register that can be configured in many different ways.
Whether it's a sequencer, switch, counter or analog shift register, the options for creative sequencing within the Eurorack world are many. Step 8 is designed to simplify this selection and can do any of these tasks
At its heart is a 1-to-8 analog signal switch that feeds an octet of highly stable track/sample-and-hold stages. Each of these stages has its own analog output with an attenuator, as well as a gate output. LEDs visualize the status of each stage in real-time. The switch can be controlled sequentially via the built-in 8-step counter or addressed directly via an analog control voltage (CV).
Contemporary circuit techniques provide transparent signal paths with low noise, low distortion and low voltage drop while maintaining high bandwidth and precision.
The inactive stages can be muted, while the counter can be stopped, reset and have its direction changed. Stages can also be shifted at each step, so the possibilities are virtually unlimited. A scanning output even goes a step further, making the use of a sequencer or addressed voltage source particularly easy and intuitive.
For creative minds, there are even more applications: configurable voltage mapper, hocketing controller, clock divider, graphical waveshaper, and analog downsampler with multiple outputs...Step 8 opens up new sequencer worlds.
- Analog 1-to-8 voltage tracking or high-speed sampling registers
- Precision circuitry to accurately process any signal, including pitch CV
- Sequential control modes with cyclic change or shift
- 8 powerful "low-droop" hold circuits with solo function
- Integrated counter with step, pause, reset and reverse inputs, plus step button
- Step trigger output for easy tempo synchronization of further modules
- Stage input for direct control of the register via control voltage
- Impedance-compensated single stage analog outputs with LED-equipped attenuator sliders
- Scanning output for sequencer, addressed voltage source or waveshaper use
- Single stage gate outputs with LEDs
- Polarized power header and MOSFET protection circuitry
- Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack flat ribbon cable
|Power consumption +12V:||110|
|Power consumption -12V:||45|
Step 8 @Joranalogue
Albeit their rather austere looks, Joranalogue modules are packed with "new approaches and techniques to the Eurorack platform, making waves in the stagnant waters of analogue synthesis". Worth mentioning is Contour 1, an essential multi-purpose tool.