Intellijel Designs - Cascadia (Dark Grey)
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 230175
Intellijels Cascadia is a semi-modular mono synthesizer - developed by synth enthusiasts to be the do-it-all instrument that can produce both subtle and intense soundscapes.
Cascadia is a performance-oriented, "East and West" Coast modern analog semi-modular synthesizer that features a plethora of sound sources, shapers, modulation and utility to realize a vast range of sounds. With two oscillators, a fully-modulatable filter, wavefolding and ring modulation, as well as two independently-configurable envelopes, Cascadia offers an abundance of sonic possibilities. The onboard utilities include LFOs, a VCA/LPF/LPG combination, sample & hold and mixuverters, among others. Additionally, external audio can be incorporated and instead of moderately good effects an actual Send & Return has been included - all conforming to the Eurorack standard. Cascadia is semi-modular, so there a no patch cables needed to produce sound, but its many patch points allow for signal rerouting, increasing its flexibility and expanding its capabilities in the usual modular way.
Cascadia is a fully eurorack compatible synthesizer with two precision analog oscillators. One capable of operating at LFO rates and one with thru-zero modulation and syncing possibilities. The liquid-sounding, 4-Pole filter provides extensive modulation options. Here you get not one, or two, but three FM inputs, along with a multitude of modes. Looking to the western horizon of synthesis is rewarded with a 4-Pole Diode Ladder VCF combination for additional dynamics - Lowpass-Gate-Style.
Modulation-wise you get two envelopes. One with ADSR/AHDSR stages and a syncable, multimode function generator. The triple analog LFO with linked, divisible rates and CV control sets you up for wild and highly complex modulations.
Additionally, Cascadia gives you a six-channel waveform mixer with asymmetric soft clipping, an extensive utility section that includes Noise, S&H, Envelope Follower, Attenuverter, Buff Mults, Summer and Inverters, as well as an analog ring modulator and a nice sounding parallel "West Coast" style wavefolder.
Whether used alone or integrated into a larger system, Cascadia is Intellijel's answer to all synthesis questions. Suitable for both beginners and professional musicians, it bridges the gap between past and future - East and West Coast.
- Analog semi-modular synthesizer
- 101 jacks (plus 10 on the rear), 34 sliders, 16 knobs, 28 switches, 36 LEDs and 5 push buttons
- Two VCOs (VCOA has TZ-FM with INDEX VCA, PWM and SOFT/HARD sync options)
- Eurorack-compatible signal levels
- 4-Pole multimode filter with modulation options and unique modes
- ENV A: ADSR / AHDSR envelope generator with HOLD function and dynamic level/time control
- ENV B: function generator with Envelope, LFO, and Burst generator modes
- Triple analog LFO
- Comprehensive and precise MIDI to CV and GATE implementation with additional synced/tapped LFO and CLOCK outputs
- Six channel waveform mixer with asymmetric soft clipping
- Extensive utility section that includes Noise, S&H, Envelope Follower, Attenuverter, Buff Mults, Summer, Inverters, and connection to a digital potentiometer-based guitar pedal expression control interface.
- Analog ring modulator
- Parallel wavefolder
- Auxiliary VCA and 4-Pole Diode Ladder VCF combination for additional dynamics
- External effect send/return loop with line or guitar pedal levels and wet/dry mix
- Global output drive circuit with bypassable asymmetric soft clipping
- Balanced 1/4" line inputs and outputs plus a dedicated headphone output
- Very Compact (fits in a backpack) and durable powder-coated enclosure with bespoke oak wood sides
- Comes with 14 assorted patch cables, USB-A to USB-C cable, and an international power supply
Danjel van Tijn started in eurorack with the Mind Meld, an expander for the Livewire Vulcan Modulator. Seeing the potential of eurorack, Danjiel quit his day job at a big corporation and founded Intellijel, which rapidly become a mainstay in the modular, with collaborations with Canadian fellow engineers such as: Cylonix, David G. Nixon or AAS (known for their physical modelling plug-ins). By now Intellijel has one of the most extensive catalogs in eurorack.