Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 230512
- Depth: 42
The almost legendary Arbhar from Instruo goes into the second round! A powerful granular module based on the Lexer Method 2.0.
Granular synthesis is a digital form of sound generation in which audio signals are cut into small pieces (grains), altered, and then reassembled. A classic application would be the creation of wafting and dense drones from simple waveforms. Also very interesting glitches can be realized quickly. Of course, that's not all! Chords, or textures that change constantly and a unique way of dealing with samples are all something like trademarks of Arbhar.
The module converts audio signals from the audio inputs or the built-in condenser microphone into new sounds. It has a full six sample buffers that can be selected via a potentiometer. The Dry/Wet potentiometer controls the balance between the processed and original signal. Input and output levels can be individually controlled via dedicated knobs.
With the Capture button or the associated Gate input, you can quickly record your own sounds from your modular system and turn them upside down. The Scan control can be used to move the position of the audio buffer. Follow mode automates the movement of the playhead, with the Scan control determining the speed of the movement. Playback can be forward or backward. When the playback direction control is in the middle position, the module plays randomly in one direction or the other.
The distribution of the grains can be changed with the Intensity pot. By limiting the grain size to a single-cycle waveform, the module becomes a wavetable oscillator and can be played tonally via the 1 V/oct input.
The new v2.0 of the Arbhar contains many technical and conceptual improvements to make it easier to use. Good things have been preserved, efficiency has been increased, and features have been expanded.
Arbhar also comes with an optional 2hp expander that allows for CV control of spray, layer, probability, slope, random, dub, hold and dry/wet mix.
New in V2, Arbhar comes with another expander which allows for convenient access to the USB port. On the USB stick included here, V2 is already installed and a bunch of samples are also included.
If you already have an old Arbhar, you can get the v2.0 expansion to be on the cutting edge of granular synthesis.
- Granular processor (Lexer 2.0 method)
- Up to 88 grains in two engines
- Manual and automatic playhead control
- 6 sample buffers (10 seconds recording time each)
- Stereo panorama, feedback delay and reverbs
- Built-in condenser microphone
- Dedicated preamp with analog input
- Audio signal analysis for automatic recording control
- Forward/reverse playback with probability control
- Internal pitch modulation
- 1 volt/octave pitch control
- Including 2nd CV expander and 2nd USB expander
- User definable configurations
- Save, load and clone audio between layers
- Curate/recall entire performance configurations with up to 42 Scenes
|Power consumption +12V:||250|
|Power consumption -12V:||30|