Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 230514
G-Storm Electro SEMSVF is a strictly limited homage to the legendary Oberheim SEM filter from the seventies.
Each limited edition module is meticulously handcrafted and pays homage to synth pioneer Tom Oberheim's timeless SVF design,probably the crown of 3080-OTA-based filter circuits. This filter has become famous among others for the timeless synth crocodiles like Oberheim Two-, Four- or Eight-Voice and of course their granddaddy Oberheim S(ynth)E(xpander)M(odule), the first Oberheim synthesizer ever.
The 2N4302 NOS FETS gathered by G-Storm Electro, bring the sound monster to life and provide a very very high level of authenticity. The commonly attributed "Creamy" and "Silky" filter lives from its fabulous resonance and the magic-spraying sound of the lowpass/highpass and bandpass circuits, which can also be individually tapped. In addition, the legendary control for stepless LP/Notch/HP sweep characteristics, the mix of which can be controlled externally via CV signal. On the input side, two mixable signals are available in the lower row of pots, while MOD and KB allow controlling the filter cutoff frequency via polar/bipolar signal and V-Oct signal, respectively. A huge filter fun for the whole synthesizer family. Awake the legend!
- Replica of Tom Oberheim's legendary 2-pole multimode SEM filter.
- 3080 OTA filter design with 2N4302 NOS FETS
- 2 large knobs for Frequency and Resonance
- 2 separately mixable inputs
- Lowpass/highpass and bandpass outputs
- Continuously variable LP/Notch/HP sweep characteristics
- MOD knob for modulating cutoff with any polar/bipolar signal (at 12 o'clock no modulation, counterclockwise the incoming CV signal is inverted)
- KB control to modulate cutoff with V/Oct signal (self-oscillation can follow V/Oct signal)
- LP/HP CV controls mixing of LP/HP/Notch with external CV signal and sums its amount with the Notch control above it