Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 190527
In principle, the 208C offers the same synthesis architecture as an Easel. However, it is a compact module and there are even some new features waiting to be discovered.
New features compared to the previous 208C:
- MIDI input(USB B/DIN) optional
- MIDI A (USB Host) optional expansion port.
- Five additional audio connections to get independent inputs and outputs from the oscillators and the gates, plus an FM input to the modulation oscillator.
- Five additional banana CV connections to control knobs and faders and ability to send pulses independently to different inputs.
- If no aux input is present, analog white noise is generated (using the 266 circuit).
- A more logical layout of of the top row.
- A power/control mode LED indicator.
- Pulser now has a dedicated single pulse switch and mode distinction
- The modulation oscillator section is now green, so that each main section has its own color.
- The listed oscillator frequencies are more accurate and the scaled fader input range is trimmable from the old range to 1.2v/oct.
- You can trim the new modulation oscillator and envelope generator inputs to work with the typical input ranges you desire.
- You can trim the oscillators to your desired volts per octave range for both the keyboard and the fader inputs.
- You can also reduce the gain on the gate 1 input if you have an unusually hot, non-Buchla input.
- One single circuit board allows it to be modular case friendly and easier to service; the 208c module can fit into a 200e case.
- Switches and jumpers for those who want to use the new banana inputs —those for the modulation oscillator and sustain— to control the sequencer stages instead.
- Standard headers for the program card connector that allow us to develop future iProgramCard-like preset control from inside the unit.
- New connectors allow Buchlas plug-in MIDI interface and provides an optional stereo digital fx option (coming as an optional add-on in the future)
- Actual stereo. The 208 was always a mono synth, but if you plug in a stereo digital fx (coming as an optional add-on in the future), you’ll get stereo outputs on the MIX OUT and headphones.
- A new power connector for more cable length and case flexibility and removability and one that’s already compatible with the more recent revisions of the Easel power board.
Your desire is a Buchla 200e system? Schneidersladen is the official Buchla service partner for the EU and Great Britain. We support you in planning your 200e system, import goods from Buchla USA and help competently with questions, problems and repairs.
Pioneering synthesizer design since the mid 1960s with Morton Subotnick and the San Francisco Tape Center, Don Buchla has been responsible for the invention of the sequencer, low pass gate, random voltage generators and the complex oscillator, among others. Shortly before his passing in 2016, his rights were acquired by Australian holding company BEMI (2012-2017) and since 2018 is operated by Eric Fox of Buchla USA, based in Minnesota. Buchla USA offers the whole 200e series catalog and boats, as well as the iconic Music Easel.