Abstract Data - ADE-32 Octocontroller
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: 150218
- Depth: 35
The Octocontroller features eight clock-synchronized modulation / gate channels that can be individually assigned as any one of 12x different modulation types - including Gates & Triggers, LFOs, Loopable S&H and more.
The timing of each output can be set to any Division or Multiple of the on-board Clock (or an External Clock input) and each output can be offset in phase in eight steps, up to 360°.
The important parameters regarding the eight outputs' functionality is handled with the five potentiometers on the left hand side:
- TEMPO sets the rate of the internal clock. Bar and Beat are indicated with two LEDs.
- OUTPUT: SELECT. Determines which output is edited at the given moment. The blue Edit LED will light up at the according channel.
- OUTPUT: TYPE assigns one of 12 possible functions like gates/pulses, LFO and a number of S&Hs to the selected output: pulse 1&2, gates with 1/16th or 4/16 length, LFO with square, sine, triangle or ramp; noise, arpeggiatior, loops, S&H gates, S&H CV
- CLOCK DIV/MULT sets the clock divisor or multiplier for the selected channel: 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, x1, x2, x4, x8, x16, x32, x64
- OFFSET: The outputs' timing can be offset in time in twelve steps up to 360° (or one bar). A whole number of different timing offsets, even and odd ones, are available: zero offset, 1/16 ,1/8, 1/4 (90°), 1/3, 3/8, 1/2 (180°), 5/8, 2/3, 3/4, 7/8, 1 bar (360°).
These timings can be quantized to specific Clock Divisions or left unquantized.
Deeper features are set with the buttons, e.g. the OPTION button can activate a loop for the Sample & Hold function so a random melody will be repeated unless you deactivate this feature. Other functions are quantization for the div/mult and offset functions and limiting the S&H range.
You can snychronize he module to an external clock as well as reset it externally. Two sockets are available for these function.
The module's settings are memorized when powering down.
|Power consumption +12V:||135|
|Power consumption -12V:||110|
Fimware v2.0 @ Abstract Data
Machines for humans. That is how Justin Owen defines Abstract Data, an independently owned and operated eurorack manufacturer with headquarters in London, UK.