Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Pre-order - Delivery date t.b.d.
- Order number: 240056
- Depth: 24
An exciting sequencer concept for your Eurorack system. The Catalyst sequencer from 4ms lets you run through the sequence via CV.
With the Catalyst sequencer, you get 8 channels for gate and CV sequencing. Its special feature: you can scroll through the pattern via clock and via CV, and thus create exciting and very complex patterns.
Each of the 8 channels can output gates or control voltages. You can then create patterns in up to 64 steps, each of which has a different length, is quantized differently or not at all and has different speeds. Of course, you can also limit the output voltages from 1V to up to 10V, or would you prefer bipolar from -5 to 5V?
The results suit everything from pitch sequencers, complex drum patterns, modulations or all of the above! The sequences are then played via trigger or with the nice big fader. You can also replace the fader movement with a control voltage using the phase CV input and thus achieve exciting sequences. A sawtooth wave, for example, runs through the pattern traditionally from front to back. But what happens when you use more complex waves?
Some of you might know that this technique of phasing was partly developed by Steve Reich in the 60ies. Pieces like "Come out to show them" or the horribly difficult to play "Piano Phase" are studies in this technique. Given the abilities of Catalyst these are "easy" examples. Imagine what you can explore with this sequencer! An exciting approach to sequencing! Catalyst Sequencer will surprise and delight you again and again.
- Sequences range from 1 to 64 steps
- Eight output channels, each can be CV or Gate
- Step forward, backward, ping-pong, or randomly
- Smooth, responsive crossfader can Scrub the sequence
- Phase CV input scrubs the sequence with an external CV:
- Ramp-up plays the sequence forward
- Triangle wave plays ping-pong
- Complex waveforms create complex patterns
- Each channel can have a different Start and Length and can Reset to any step
- CV outputs can be set to -5V to +10V maximum, or limited to +/-5V, +5V, +3V, or +1V
- CV outputs can be unquantized (sub-1mV resolution), or Quantized to common scales
- Gate outputs fire one or more triggers when activated
- Transpose globally or per-channel
- Randomization of channel values/gates, with per-channel Random amount
- Glide (glissando) or gate Ratchet can be set per step
- Tap Tempo button
- Copy/paste a “page” (eight steps) or an entire channel
Catalyst Sequencer is secretely Catalyst Controller. Just enter a certain command to change the mode. If you want to stick to this transformation, just flip the frontplate and reveal the Controller artwork.
|Power consumption +12V:
|Power consumption -12V:
Based in Portland (Oregon, US) Dan Green and Jeannot Quenson had a years experience already building guitar pedals. Since one input/output and tone and volume control felt a bit limiting, they applied their knowledge and passion to building a wide range of modules. Their collaboration with Matthias Puech (developer of the Clouds' Parasites alternative firmware) and Gary Hall (designer of the Lexicon PCM42) have proved to be very fruitful.